Monday, September 27, 2010

immediate future

To all who were too polite to point out that I went over time in FoL class today: sorry. I owe you. Maybe you'll get it back after the Wednesday exam. Or on the Long Now Clock, in the long term.(I wouldn't hold my breath.)

Guess I haven't acquired Chris Anderson's inordinate fear of clocks yet. But wasn't that a nice TED Talk he gave about the new crowd-collaborative possibilities of online video communication? Oral traditions aren't dead at all, suddenly.

For those who weren't there: you owe me.

For everybody: the syllabus is more ambitious than I am, right now. Just read Danny Hillis's "A Forebrain for the World Mind" and whatever else from the first 40 pages of This Will Change Everything you'd like, for next time. Then we'll do the exam.

1 comment:

Marie said...

You know we don't mind extra dicussion time with Prof Oliver! :)

KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence News