Thursday, December 31, 2009

"something wonderful"

That's not a bad answer to the question "What's going to happen?"

And to SAL's question (in 2010) about dreams, I want to like Chandra's original reply: Of course. All intelligent beings dream.

But I prefer his honesty at the end, when HAL asks "Will I dream?": I don't know.

We don't know yet, if human dreams will create something wonderful. "Thanks for telling me the truth." Do we deserve it, either something wonderful or the truth? Don't know that either. We live in interesting times.

But I also like HAL's testimonial to our species: "I enjoy working with human beings, and have stimulating relationships with them."

So do I, pretty much. So here's to better decades to come. Happy New Year, all!

No comments:

KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence News