Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If there's a God,

why'd he make me an atheist? Good question, Ricky. Thanks again, Dean.*



* And for pointing me to this blogsite, 3quarksdaily. Just below Ricky is an amusing/disturbing philosopher's lament as to the "discreditable" nature of his day job, "A World Without Why" ("I have what I have always held to be a mildly discreditable day job, that of teaching philosophy at a university. I take it to be discreditable because about 85 percent of my time and energy is devoted to training aspiring young members of the commercial, administrative or governmental elite in the glib manipulation of words, theories and arguments. I thereby help to turn out the pliable, efficient, self-satisfied cadres that our economic and political system uses to produce the ideological carapace which protects it against criticism and change...") Lots of other fun stuff here too.

No comments:

KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence News