Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Desire to (really) learn

I've just finished a second day of Information Technology workshop instruction in the arcana of our school's officially-prescribed course management software, "Desire To Learn."

I desire to learn no more about it. It's really quite unnecessary, in this age of free-flowing, hyper-linked, constantly-streaming information at everyone's fingertips, to place so many procedural filters between students and their world. The system's many tools offer many conveniences, no doubt (the Grading Tool, the Attendance Tool, the Blogging Tool et al), but I'd have to spend at least half my time entering data to exploit them.

I'd rather spend that time thinking and writing, trying to create something worth professing.


No comments:

KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence News