Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Philosophy of Walking

"Solitude is an important aspect of creative thought. You could make an argument that in our information overloaded world where our senses are stimulated nearly 18 hours a day, solitude and calming our minds is more important than ever. Walking allows us time to play with ideas, explore concepts, and be wrong in our thinking without worrying about others seeing the rawness of our thoughts. I’ve never been a big walker, but after reading Frederic Gros’ A Philosophy of Walking, I think I’ll start walking more..." A Philosophy of Walking: Thoreau, Nietzsche and Kant on Walki
I've long been a big walker, but after reading this notice I think I'll start walking more urgently.

Not "faster," just better. 

Walking is the best way to go more slowly than any other method that has ever been found.
Walking is the best way to go more slowly than any other method that has ever been found.

"Do not believe any idea that was not born in the open air and of free movement..." Nietzsche

No comments:

KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence News