O 5-10 quiz-
1. The first Greek lover of wisdom, interested in disentangling science and knowledge from magic and myth, is widely said to have been ______.
2. Who asserted the existence of natural law and speculated that humans had evolved from fish, 2,400+ years before Darwin?
3. (T/F) Pythagoras, the first deductive reasoner to derive interesting conclusions from self-evident axioms, defended a theory of cosmic harmony while rejecting superstition and mysticism.
4. Who said that because everything is in a state of flux, you can't step in the same river twice? What did he mean?
5. The treatment of _______, ________, and ___________ in ancient Greece was primitive and unenlightened.
6. Who "discovered air" and said change was a function of love and strife?
7. Democritus and Leucippus were the first ________.