Friday, June 5, 2020

Weathering

Fleur Adcock's poetic tribute to the comfortable self-acceptance that maturity can bring includes lines I'll be sure to share, next time Happiness class convenes. 
"...now that I am in love with a place/which doesn’t care how I look, or if I’m happy,/happy is how I look, and that’s all..."
A place can be geographic, like her and Wordsworth's beloved English Lake District, and it can also be a graceful arrival in the autumn of life. It's so good, having weathered many storms, finally to be "indifferent to mirrors." You get what you see, and you see it's good enough.

Lake District | region and national park, England, United Kingdom ...

Thanks to David Whyte, again, for mentioning the "erotic librarian" from New Zealand.

Maria Popova has a nice appreciation, and the poet's rendition, here.

No comments:

KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence News