Friday, April 24, 2009

"Rise and shine"

The world will little note nor long remember the creation of yet another blog, especially in the Twitter era (have I exceeded my limit yet?)... but it might do me some good. Or not!

For better or worse, then, and inspired by a colleague whose "UP@NIGHT" blog I admire but whose night-owl predilection I do not share, I'm launching a new blog called Up@dawn. There I'll post only morning thoughts. I'm thinking of it as an experiment - and frankly as another alarm clock. I've prospered in the past, under the discipline of a regular ante-meridian appointment with myself at the keyboard.

So from now on, take it as read that what you find in this space has been drafted in the fullness of daylight, if not always in a state of full wakefulness . My earliest conscious musings will be deposited at the other place.

Not that any of us has time to read all this stuff anyway... but we can still write it. Right?

4 comments:

dawndean said...

Very interesting and enjoyable, Phil--from one up at dawn "philosopher" to another real one (no quotes needed). Am I your "first responder"?.

The dean of a large public university in Tennessee

Phil said...

You're the first responsive Dean, Dean!

Ophelia Benson said...

None of us has time to read all this stuff...but the more of this stuff there is the more chance we all have of finding just the right stuff to read. So write on!

Phil said...

Thanks, Ophelia. You're a role-model!

KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence News