Thursday, January 5, 2023

George’s post-mortem request

"Upon my death, I wish to be cremated. The disposition of my ashes (dispersal at sea, on land, or in the air) shall be determined by my surviving family (wife and daughter) in accordance with their knowledge of my prejudices and philosophies regarding geography and spirituality. Under no circumstances are my ashes to be retained by anyone or buried in a particular location. The eventual dispersal can be delayed for any reasonable length of time required to reach a decision, but not to exceed one month following my death. I wish no public service of any kind. I wish no religious service of any kind. I prefer a private gathering at my house, attended by friends and family members who shall be determined by my immediate surviving family. The exact nature of this gathering shall be determined by my surviving family. It should be extremely informal, they should play rhythm and blues music, and they should laugh a lot. Vague references to spirituality (secular) will be permitted. George Carlin 5/ 1/ 90"

— A Carlin Home Companion: Growing Up with George by Kelly Carlin
https://a.co/dqVl496

No comments:

KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence News