Tuesday, August 12, 2014

To live or die with dignity

I have always tried to make sense of things. There must be some reason I am as I am...  I am no longer immortal. I am growing old, and my body is deteriorating, and, like all of you, it will eventually cease to function. As a robot, I could've lived forever. But I tell you all today, I would rather die a man... than live for all eternity as a machine. [I want] to be acknowledged... for who and what I am- no more, no less. Not for acclaim, not for approval. The simple truth of that recognition- this has been the elemental drive of my existence, and it must be achieved, if I am to live or die... with dignity. Bicentennial Man... EmzaO On Robin Williams
"Will every human being that I care for just... leave?"

"That won't do."  

No, it won't.

No comments:

KurzweilAI.net Accelerating Intelligence News